The Black Alliance for Peace (BAP) has determined climate change and the interlocking issues of war, militarism, and the now-normalized and still illegal U.S. interventionism pose the greatest threats to humanity.
That is why we have launched a campaign demanding all 2020 candidates for local, state and federal offices in the United States take a position on U.S. interventionism (read our official statement ).
BAP’s campaign has been making the connection between U.S. foreign interventions and the domestic war on African people and other oppressed groups.
Demand that All 2020 Candidates Take a Stand Against War Militarism and Repression
All Candidates and Elected Officials Must:
- Oppose the militarization of U.S. police through the Department of Defense’s 1033 program
- Oppose Israeli training of U.S. police forces
- Call for and work for the closure of the U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM)
- Advocate for the closure of 800+ U.S. foreign military bases
- Oppose Trump’s “Operation Relentless Pursuit”
- Commit to opposing all military, economic (including sanctions and blockades) and political interventions
- Advocate for an end to U.S. participation in NATO
- Support efforts to cut the U.S. military budget by 50%
- Demand the U.S. Department of Justice document and investigate the use of lethal force by domestic police officers
- Commit to passing resolutions that commit the U.S. to uphold international law and the U.N. Charter
- Sponsor legislation and/or resolutions to support the U.N. resolution on the complete global abolition of nuclear weapons
- See our social media campaign @blackallianceforpeace on Instagram.
- Please encourage organizations you work with to endorse the pledge at BlackAllianceforPeace.com/candidate . There, organizations and individuals can also download and distribute the candidate pledge.
- To help you mobilize any organizations you are involved with, find the campaign social media resources, an example email, and the candidate pledge attached below. Please share our 2020 Candidate Accountability Pledge with any aligned organizations or individuals to demand that our representatives oppose global militarism, imperialism and repression and tag us in any photos you share!
The Black Alliance for Peace (BAP) seeks to recapture and redevelop the historic anti-war, anti-imperialist, and pro-peace positions of the radical black movement. Through educational activities, organizing and movement support, organizations and individuals in the Alliance will work to oppose both militarized domestic state repression, and the policies of de-stabilization, subversion and the permanent war agenda of the U.S. state globally.