Editor’s Note: In 2009, the first Conference of the United National Antiwar Coalition accomplished one very major goal. Palestine was, for the first time, given the full support of our broad spectrum of member organizations. Now, 9 years later, the people of Palestine continue to be oppressed beyond imagination. The world continues to allow these atrocities, and even to support them. In the January interview, Finkelstein talks about his latest book, “Gaza, An Inquest Into Its Martyrdom”. He gives an interview
Norman Finkelstein speaks not only with the voice of an academic and a researcher who is an expert on Palestinian and Israeli history, not only with the voice of compassion for the Palestinian people whom he has befriended over the many years of study, but with a raw and painful honesty that cuts to the soul. This is a long set of videos, but no longer than many mainstream films. You can watch it in episodes, as 2 separate interviews, or all at once, but if you want a deep insight into the devastating circumstances in Palestine, and especially Gaza, then watch these videos produced by The Real News. Other sources have interviews with Finkelstein on the same subjects, but in these 2 interviews, Aaron Maté takes the time to really listen, and provides you with the opportunity to do the same.
Video Interviews by Aaron Maté and Norman Finkelstein, originally published on the Real News Network, January 11 and May 14
- Norman Finkelstein on Israel’s ‘Murderous Assault on Nonviolent Protesters’ in Gaza
- Finkelstein: Where’s the Solidarity for Gaza?
- Will Gaza March End in Israel’s Worst Killings Yet?
- Norman Finkelstein on Gaza’s Martyrdom
- Finkelstein: Hamas Isn’t The Threat That Israel Claims
- Finkelstein on Gaza’s Right to Resist Military Occupation
- After Israel Decimated Gaza, Human Rights Defenders Failed It